Solar Power Benefits!
With summer on the way and energy prices continuing to rise; if you haven’t already invested in solar power – now is the time! In Australia we enjoy more sunshine than any other continent on earth, so nothing makes more sense than tapping into the abundant energy the sun provides to power our home and minimise not only our utility bills but our carbon footprint.
Benefits from investing in solar power:
- Protection from continually rising energy prices
- Reduced upfront cost due to solar rebates
- Significant financial investment returns
- Reduction in your electricity bills
- Doing your bit for the environment by cutting your carbon footprint
- Increase in the value of your home
There is an upfront cost to installing solar power, so it is important that you not only do your research into the various providers/installers to ensure you are investing in a quality product, but also you need to maximise the returns on your investment.
Maximising your return:
To reduce your payback period and increase your investment return, you can make your household an energy efficient home. Small actions and lifestyle changes can drastically reduce your electricity consumption.
There are a number of things you can do around your home:
- Use your electricity at times when your solar system is producing electricity.
- Turn off all appliances at the wall, that ensures stand by power is also off.
- Purchase energy efficient appliances.
- Turn down your hot water system (heating water can be one of the main users of electricity if you use electrically boosted systems).
- Turn off air conditioners and heaters when you are out.
- Install Energy Efficient light globes – compact fluorescent globes.
- Shade east and west windows from the sun – prevents the heat gain and reduces air con use.
Buyers and tenants are more conscious about environmental issues as well as the increase in power bills; installing solar power is not just an investment you can start to benefit from immediately – it is also an investment in infrastructure that will enhance the appeal of your home to buyers and renters.
In a country like Australia…it’s a no-brainer!