Feng Shui…Balance & Harmony in Your Home
Increasingly we are reading and hearing more and more about ‘Feng Shui’ particularly in the home and office. Some buyers place great value on a home’s Feng Shui when seeking to purchase, so it is certainly something to be aware of and take on board if possible.
Firstly, what is Feng Shui? Feng Shui is the ancient Chinese practice focused on balancing and harmonising the energies in your home; aligning the energy of your environment to reflect your emotional self. There are five basic elements: water, metal, fire, wood, and earth.
When it comes to your home the Feng Shui ‘trinity’ – your bedroom, bathroom and kitchen hold the utmost importance for your health and wellbeing.
There are many ways of enhancing the Feng Shui in your home, and myriads of information online. Some of the simple ways include:
- The entry to your home should be inviting and clear of clutter. Feng Shui experts concur that your whole house should be clutter free and contain only the essentials. This will help declutter your mind and allow you to focus.
- Bring wealth into your home by placing a plant and a light either side of the front door.
- Create “Chi” in your backyard. Use curves edges as straight lines are rarely present in nature.
- For uplifting positive energy, place a mirror above a table with fresh flowers.
- Crystals are a huge part of Feng Shui which is why chandeliers make a great addition. The reflective metals in the chandeliers will help the space feel calmer.
- Retain the essence of abundance by placing a small water fountain near the main entry door.
- Improve the quality of air in the home or office by introducing plants, foliage and flora. Plants will improve concentration and increase positive energy and concentration, enhance positive feelings, reduce stress and innovate thinking.
- You should always keep something on the dining table, fruit is a great choice. Apples help develop friendship, pears attract positive energy, for good health look opt for peaches and oranges symbolize richness and prosperity.
- Clear your bedroom of the TV, computer or exercise equipment. These items introduce the energy of work and stress into a space that should be relaxing and harmonious.
The above are just a few of many ways you can create positive Feng Shui in your home an inject harmony and balance into your life. Are you feeling calmer already?